Self-Talk is one of the most widely utilised psychological skills used by athletes and has been shown to be incredibly beneficial to performance for a number of different reasons. The value of Self-Talk can not be overlooked due to its relative simplicity, the quick nature in which it can be done, and the volume of different situations which it can be used for.
This guide will cover;
- The key aspects of self-talk
- The different types of self-talk
- The various situations in which self-talk can be beneficial.
- How to develop a self-talk script
- When and how to practice self-talk
- Potential issues with self-talk and how to avoid them.
*All guides are in a PDF format.